A blog about the unexpected pleasures of raising two not so typical, but truly wonderful girls, one of whom was born with a little something extra; and learning each day what is truly important in this blessed life.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Embarking on a New Journey

Okay, so I have to admit I have been what is called a "lurker" in Internet lingo. I've been reading many wonderful blogs telling the life stories of some really great families and their kids with disabilities for a while now, and I finally decided it was time to add my own blog to the list. I'm hoping that keeping this online journal will be therapeutic for me as I struggle daily with the demands of being Mom to one child with fairly significant developmental delays and moderate behavioral challenges, who is also one of the brightest constellations in my universe; and dealing with the ups and downs, laughs and arguments shared with a bright, amazing teenager who is trying desperately to grow up too soon. I'm homeschooling the little one for now and driving the teen all over creation; and each day brings its own set of rewards and challenges. Throw in trying to create a homemade dinner now and then for the husband and caring for a crazy pup, and I'm pretty worn out at the end of the day. So, I hope to use this blog as a way to put words to our experiences and a way to connect with the big Internet community out there of families who can truly relate to what we've been through and our hopes for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment