A blog about the unexpected pleasures of raising two not so typical, but truly wonderful girls, one of whom was born with a little something extra; and learning each day what is truly important in this blessed life.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother Guilt - Time for Me

I just started this blog, don't have any followers yet, and I need to take a break for a few days.  I'm having surgery tomorrow morning to fix an issue caused by a varicose vein in my right leg.  The varicose vein was a "gift" from my lovely little one during the pregnancy, almost 8 years ago.  About 7 months ago I started having pain in my knee and I started with an Orthopedist.  He didn't find the cause but wrote me an Rx for PT and I ended up going to a friend who works in a clinic not far from my house.  In spite of the pain, it was wonderful to have some down time talking to, and being worked over (!), by a lovely woman whose company I truly enjoyed.  Unfortunately, the pain still didn't go away and my leg started to swell.  Cutting to the chase, I ended up being diagnosed with Chronic Venous Insufficiency in my right leg and I'm going in for surgery tomorrow to correct the problem.  The title "Mother Guilt" has to do with the fact that I will probably not be in the mood to homeschool the little one the next few days and I hate the thought of losing valuable time.  "Time for Me" is what I need right now, though, and get so little of in the course of our crazy days.  I know any other Mom reading this blog eventually will be able to relate!   So, I'll take a break, attend to a personal issue and then carry on with the story of the little one's early days/months and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment